Unbounded Fortitude

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Surgery Day

Today has finally come. The day which I will set myself free from wearing glasses! I have paid $2,389 for the surgery and today, I have to pay another $203 for 20 boxes of eye drops. Very heartache when I think of the amount of money spent, but I knew it's going to be worth spending.

Together with Daniel, we reached the clinic at 1520hrs, and after having waited for about 1.5hrs, I was being called into the operating theater. Very scary. Anyway, the whole surgery only took about 10mins (both eyes). It was my right eye which was being operated on first, and immediately after my left eye was done, I could already see things clearly without my glasses! But with a lot of discomfort, and tears kept rolling down my eyes.

When I stepped out of the operating theater, I saw Daniel walking towards me. It was his turn and I shook hand with him, wishing him luck (jokingly of course, as we all knew that our surgery would definitely be successful). Anyway, I did sense his nervousness when we shook hand.

The first thing I wanted to do when I was back at the resting area was to call Elaine. To tell her that the surgery was completed and I am no longer a partial-blind man (as this was what I always thought myself to be when I wasn't with my glasses), and to share my joy. Sigh, but I couldn't get to my phone because it was being kept in the locker before I went in for the surgery and the nurse has somehow lost the key.

After about 10 to 15 mins later, Daniel came into the resting area, with tears in his eyes too. We talked a little about the surgery with our eyes closed and were silent till the nurse came back with my bag and my phone apologetically. I was in too much discomfort to voice my unhappiness and I just told her that it's alright. Right away, I took out my phone and made the call to Elaine. Hearing her voice just made me felt so much better (and the best part was that she was going to buy dinner for me. heee....)

We were led to the taxi stand by a nurse after having rested a while. Suprisingly the nurse didn't just left us alone at the taxi stand. She waited till we boarded the taxi before she returned to her clinic. Very good service! Infact, I give 5 stars out of 5 for the service rendered to me by all the staffs and the doctor in this clinic!
(This page was updated on the fourth day after the surgery. Didn't want to strain my eyes by looking at the monitor to early.)

Myself (left) and Daniel at the resting area!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home