Unbounded Fortitude

Friday, December 12, 2008

Pacer for 2.4km

Derek, Alphian and Chan took their IPPT this morning and I was there too as Alphian had asked that I become his pacer for his 2.4km. He wanted to complete the course within 9:59mins, in order to get a gold award. Anyway, he only needed me to come in at his 3rd round because he wanted to clear each of the remaining rounds in 1:30mins.
I ran with Alphian as he had requested till he completed his 6th round, and I continued as K.L came along and asked that I run his last round with him. And so I went. When K.L had reached his finishing line, I felt that since I have already got myself warmed up, I might as well run a few more rounds, and so I went for one more run until I caught up with Derek and Chan. It was their 4th round (altogether there were 2 batches for this 2.4 run and the both the batches started at a different time. Derek and Chan were in the 2nd batch.) I followed them till they finished their 6th round.
My shin hurts after the run. Suspect it's shin splint, but I had recently read from the Runners magazine on an article about shin splint and it said that the pain is at the outer part, and mine is in the inner part of the shin. Feeling very rotten about this injury now.
At 1715hrs, after I had knocked off from work, I picked up Deric and we headed straight to the gym. I was so tempted to step on the treadmill but then I remember the cautionary sentence: "Listen to your body!" And so I didn't do any workouts that directly involved the legs.
Deric and I trained out Chest muscle and biceps with the free weights and some of the weight machines in the gym. And though we were there from 1800hrs to 2000hrs, the last 40 to 50 mins, we spent doing hand stand and forward rolling.


Exercises

Duration

Sets

Reps

Bench press4 (Weight used: 8)15
Bench Dumbbell press4 (Weight used: 10kg)15
Dumbbell Flye4 (Weight used: 8kg)

12

Bench Dumbbell press (Inclined)4 (Weight used: 8kg)

15

Dumbbell Flye4 (Weight used: 8kg)

10

Wide Grip pull down4 (Weight used: 8)

15

Exercise ball Crunches3

20

Biceps curl4 (Weight used: 8kg)

20, 15, 15, 10

Workout Date: 12th Dec'08

Workout Time: 1800hrs- 2000hrs

Venue: Gym

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home