Unbounded Fortitude

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Long distance run

Exercises

Duration

Sets

Reps

Running53mins19km ++
Pull Up46
Push Up420
Shoulder Raise425
Crunches360

Workout Date: 8th Jan'09

Workout Time: 1845hrs - 2030hrs

Venue: Fitness Corner

As Daniel and I have planned to take part in the HK Stand Chart 10km race in Feb'09, we decided that it's time we do some longer-than-usual distance running. Suprisingly Daveen came along too. As far as I know, although Daveen runs regularly, he doesn't like long distance run. Anyway, I felt bad for making them waited for about 45mins because I was not able to clear my work in time to meet them at 1800hrs, as Daniel and I had fixed the day before.

It was a very windy evening, which was a very nice weather for a long distance run. The first kilometer was ran in a slower pace, so that my legs would be properly warmed up. There were a lot of down slopes at the beginning of the route but I held back the urge to accelerate.

I increased the speed at the point where the route was flat and had it maintained until the U-turn point. There is this Indian temple along this route and whenever I took this route, I would make sure that I touched the wall of it before I U-turn.

I increased the speed and ran slightly faster until the last 2km stretch, which has a lot of up slopes and uneven ground. The steep slopes and uneven ground proved to be a very challenging terrain, especially so when it is the last stretch of a long distance run. It got me slowed down a little, but I pushed myself and forced my legs to do wider strides, and crossing over those popped up and uneven grounds. The song which was playing in my mp3 at that moment was not really helping me much, because I was listening to the soundtrack of Jay Chou "Secret" and one of the track was "情人的眼泪" an oldies. And that was the song I was listening to when what I needed most was motivation, inspiration, boost, and whatever, except listening to LKK song:P Nevertheless, I still managed to cleared the course in 53mins, and I went to the fitness corner to continue with some workout while waiting for Daniel and Daveen to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home