Unbounded Fortitude

Friday, September 11, 2009

Umbrella issue

I remember not so long ago, I was with 2 colleagues and it was drizzling. One of them was carrying a CPU and we were about to walked to another site from my office. Hence, I took 2 umbrellas. Handed one over to them (to ensure that the CPU don't get wet) and one for myself.
When our job was done and were returning to my office (this time without the CPU), it was still drizzling. I opened my umbrella and immediately the duo laughed at me, saying that big men like us using umbrellas in such a weather will make us look sissy. Feeling quite pissed with such a remark, I asked them whether do we look stupid when we have the umbrellas and not using it, even though it was only drizzling. Anyway, one of them agreed with my reasoning and opened his umbrella. Well, the other was adamant and chose to walk in the rain beside us.

Reasons I use the umbrella when it rains (no matter how heavy it is):
Don't want to get wet.
Don't like to wear wet clothes.
Don't want to get sick (not that I am that weak, but why expose myself to the risk?)
Urban area's rain is dirty and toxidic (I strongly believe)

Reasons I can think of why some guys refuse to use umbrellas:
Want to look macho.
Scare people mock at them.
Lazy to carry and use one.

To use or not to use an umbrella; no right or wrong answer to this question. To me, I just think that if I don't take care of myself, no one else will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home